Format: CD Record
Postage: Small Item
Year of publication: 2005
The St Kilda cemetery opened in 1855. The cemetery covers 18 acres, and is bounded by Dandenong Rd, Alma Rd, Hotham St and Alexandra St.
Memorial inscriptions in the St Kilda Cemetery were transcribed by GSV volunteers and in 1987 they were published in four volumes together with an index to the names as a limited edition. The transcripts exclude verses as well as words and phrases such as "In Loving Memory Of" and "beloved".
There are more than 29,000 names in the index. Each name is hyperlinked to an image of the relevant page of transcripts.
The value of this CD can be enhanced by concurrently using the Necropolis Trust's Internet Web pages which include an index to the burials at the St Kilda cemetery.
The fields in the index are
The CD requires Adobe Reader